Blog License

jueves, 22 de marzo de 2018

Using Comics as an educational tool!



Hello again!

    I am back this time with a really creative, entertaining and useful tool for both teachers and students! It is a comic creator!

     With this tool you can illustrate emotional daily situations that children have to cope with, and make them feel identified with the story and learn strategies to deal with their emotions.

     Additionally, it can be used by students so they can express in an indirect way their feelings and make them feel more comfortable with them. It is totally a safe site for students to dice into.

     As an example, I created a comic that talks about sharing, taking care of materials and last but not least, apologising with a solution and forgiving. It is a very common scene in my classroom and I thought it would help my students how to act whenever a similar situation happens.

     To create it, I checked several options:


StoryboardThat: http://www.storyboardthat.com/
      After playing around with all of them, I decided to stick with Storyboardthat since I found it had the easiest and most intuitive usage. It gives you many options, suck as scenes, characters, textiles, shapes, number of cells and so on, in an ordered and simple way. Even I could do it! The minute you start playing with it, you get familiarised with it and feel confident to keep creating.

     The only flaw I found in it, is that it is not for free...but considering it is a great tool, it might be worth the splurge! But still, you do get a free trial which allows you to decide wether you want to spend the money or not.


     Anyway! Enough talking, here is the comic I created! Hope you like it and hope you are curious enough to check this tool out! 


Made with Storyboard That

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario